I act for a range of large institutional clients, large private client groups and high net worth individuals, including large scale real estate developers, construction companies, mezzanine and private lenders, hotel and serviced apartment operators and medium to large businesses.
I have extensive experience in real estate development transactions, structured property acquisitions and disposals, joint venture and project delivery structures, corporate and acquisition finance, project and real estate debt and equity finance and front end construction matters.
My focus is on delivering complex real estate investment and divestment transactions, with a strong emphasis on:
- site acquisition and due diligence;
- structured real estate transactions, including joint ventures, project delivery agreements, management and services agreements and option arrangements;
- investment structures;
- inbound foreign direct and indirect investment structuring and compliance advice;
- title structuring advice, strata by-laws, community title schemes, residential land lease communities, building management statements and strata management statements;
- the delivery of new town centres;
- hotel investment and development transactions, including operator and management agreements;
- off the plan sales and management; and
- leasing and agreements for leases.
The other half of my practice consists of debt and equity finance transactions, particularly in the structured real estate financing space, including traditional construction financing, preference equity transactions, mezzanine financing and hybrid debt/equity investment products and related structuring.
- Corporate LiveWire – Best Real Estate Lawyer, Australia – 2018 & 2019
- Corporate LiveWire – Finance Lawyer of the Year, Australia – 2015 & 2016
- Acquisitions International – Real Estate Lawyer of the Year, Australia – 2015
- Acquisitions International – Best in Corporate Acquisitions Finance Award, Australia – 2014
Bachelor of Commerce, University of New South Wales
Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales